🎉 New Bunpro, KaniWani, Kitsun.io plugins now available!

Hi thanks for the extra info. There was a fix for some kanji answers, unfortunately the new version doesn’t fix the problem in all cases, your example of 来てよかった is one of them.

The bad news is that fixing this is going to be challenging, and I haven’t really had time to look into it recently. But I have some ideas and I’ve also reached out to Bunpro asking for assistance. I will post here with any updates either way

1 Like

Update: I heard back from Bunpro already and they agreed to make a change to the site code to make the LS plugin more robust. No timeline on when this will happen (I will need to update the plugin after) but if all goes well it should solve many/all problems with failing to capture the answers

I will post back here when the fix is implemented and available for download

2 Likes

Thanks to the Bunpro developer(s) the new version of the plugin is a vast improvement, in my limited testing. Answers with kanji, particles, conjugated verbs, and more are all working for me. Here is the new code: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/okonomichiyaki/plugins/bunpro_v0.0.3/dist/Bunpro.0-0-3.0.ls

Please let me know if anyone finds any issues with it

2 Likes

Amazing :raised_hands:

1 Like

I have used it for about an hour so far. no problems. Thank you very much. This is really awesome. What a great app to have voice input. some of the conjugations are crazy long and this such a more natural way of doing it.

2 Likes

Here are updated plugins for use with the latest v4 LipSurf:

Bunpro
Kitsun
KaniWani

Please let me know if anyone runs into issues using them.

2 Likes

I installed your bunpro v4 plugin, but I’m not positive I did it correctly so I’ll start there. When I click the link there I just see a wall of text, not a download like I’ve seen before. So I just copied the whole thing into Notepad++ and saved as an ls file, and loaded into lipsurf options. It looks like it worked, it says Bunpro v0.0.4 in my list of plugins, but still wondering if I did it right.

If that was done right, I am still having issues with it inputting answers. It feels like half the time it works fine, but other times it shows what I said in the transcript and highlights it green (which means it knows that’s the correct answer, right?), but it doesn’t input. Also, sometimes but not every time, it also puts up a message that I need Lipsurf Premium. I have Plus, but I don’t think that should matter. Here’s an example.

2 Likes

Also, sometimes but not every time, it also puts up a message that I need Lipsurf Premium. I have Plus, but I don’t think that should matter. Here’s an example.

This part sounds like an issue that we will fix soon, having to do with dictation mode being on erroneously. Sometimes it’s not on when it should be and sometimes it’s on when it shouldn’t be. A temporary workaround - turning it off and on usually fixes both of these issues.

2 Likes

I think your approach should work, but it might be easier to right-click the links, and use “save link as”, which should allow you to download the LS file.

Thanks for the report, there was indeed a bug submitting certain answers after matching, but I believe it should be fixed with this new version: Bunpro v0.0.5. This also includes an option to automatically show the answer after you say ”だめ” to mark a card wrong.

Please don’t hesitate to let me know if you see any other problems

2 Likes

Wow, thanks a ton. I did a review of 30-something questions and it understood and entered it every time with none of the issues I was having. ありがとう

2 Likes

Have there been any updates to this recently?

thanks for the great plugin

Hi Adam, what sort of updates are you looking for? Is the plugin no longer working for you?

One problem I’m having on Bunpro is that I’d like to practice reading the whole sentence instead of just the correct answer, but it doesn’t mark the correct answer if I read the whole sentence.

e.g. (Correct answer is まだ返していません, but it doesn’t count as correct if I say あの本をまだ返していません)

1 Like

Another thing I have noticed is that if the review has multiple possible answers, only the “main” one gets accepted by Lipsurf.

e.g.

Here I say どちらが, but it doesn’t get marked as correct
If I type どちらが manually, it gets accepted and shows the main correct answer (とどちらが). I can press A to alternate among multiple valid solutions.
If I try saying とどちあらが instead, it marks the review as correct.

1 Like

This is something some folks in the Bunpro forum were asking for also, it wasn’t as straightforward to implement this and get it working generally as I’d hoped

This may be a limitation on how the plugin gets the answer from Bunpro. I’ll look into what can be done, it may require a change on Bunpro side

Thanks for the feedback

1 Like

Hi - I have been trying out the Bunpro plugin, and it doesn’t seem to really work at all.

Is this still working? I know Bunpro recently renovated the whole review system. Did that break the plugin?

Thanks.

yes it looks like they removed the support they previously had implemented. I will email them and ask if it can be fixed. if they can’t or won’t it may be difficult to support the plugin

I haven’t forgotten about this, but did not have time to test more until today. The Bunpro developers did get back to me and make a change to their site, however today I discovered that their refactor broke more than one thing (specifically, they changed the way submitting answers worked). I’ve emailed them again asking for support.

If the Bunpro devs can get back to me promptly, I will try to incorporate their advice or change to fix the script. But if they do not reply or cannot help within a month I won’t be able to continue supporting this particular script since it requires paying for LipSurf premium, which I no longer use. I’m exploring alternatives for hands-free Japanese study web apps (standalone user scripts or maybe something using Talon)

The source code is available here, including the fix which incorporates Bunpro’s latest change, and including documentation on the Bunpro support. Note this is still non-functional pending additional help from Bunpro

the Bunpro developers got back to me, and gave some advice on how to interact with the page post-review refactor. I have pushed an updated version to Github which is tagged 0.0.6 and this is now working for me. However, it only works on reviews (not “cram” mode). The cram mode would require another change on Bunpro’s side.

Some other commands (show info, hint, etc) may not work, but submitting answers in reviews is working for me. @Tricky_Gnosis let me know if you get a chance to try it

Hey thanks! I just tried it. I only have vocab reviews left right now, and it doesn’t seem to work for those. It reverts to Japanese input, but all of the vocab answers are in English.

Does this only work for grammar questions?

Thanks again!