🎉 New Bunpro, KaniWani, Kitsun.io plugins now available!

Updated 7/11/21 — New versions for LipSurf 4+

:clap: The awesome @michiakig has developed new LipSurf plugins for Japanese language learners! :clap:

Now you can BunPro (for Japanese grammar) or Kitsun.io (for Japanese vocabulary) completely hands-free!
They are still in the early stages, so if you run into any issues, please describe them here so @michiakig or myself can take a look.

Kitsun.io plugin:
Kitsun.0-0-4.0.ls (22.8 KB)

KaniWani plugin:
KaniWani.0-0-2.0.ls (11.5 KB)

Bunpro plugin:
Bunpro.0-0-4.0.ls (9.6 KB)

Here’s how you install custom plugins in LipSurf: Custom Plugins | LipSurf User Manual

1 Like

Updated to include the KaniWani plugin: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/okonomichiyaki/plugins/kaniwani/dist/KaniWani.0-0-1.0.ls

The Bunpro plugin was also updated with these changes (new version linked in the original post)

• fix: activate on correct URL
  • fix: match answers that include particles, e.g. のわりに. this should work in general for answers with particles like this, however this particular phrase snags on the speech recognition in my experience (it hears 終わりに)
  • fix: match answers that include kanji. eg 全然, 来ます
  • improvement: fuzzy match on は particle to allow it to be pronounced “wa”
1 Like

This is awesome,

Took a little bit getting use to but works well. Thank you.

I am using the bunpro.

1 Like

I have used it for a few hours now on Bunpro. It works well, but some times I get the answer right but it does not in input it. And it is hard to know if you get it right or wrong because it does not show a hint or any thing after 3 times like lipsurf on the wanikani.

So I have been just saying it once and typing it in if it does not work. I have been typing in %60 or so. Because I don’t want to say だめ if I type in it correct.

Thank you for making this. (=

1 Like

Thanks for trying the plug in and for the feedback, adding a hint mode after several tries is a good idea, I will look into it.

And thanks for the example of 来てよかった, I will try to reproduce it. If you have any other example grammar items they would be helpful

1 Like

I will collect them, if I run in to any more. Thanks again for making this. I was doing dictate in bunpro and editing out the kanji. This is way better (=

Hi, I should have probably noticed earlier but for me it does not recognize any words I say with kanji. Only simple grammar that is only hiragana.

Hi thanks for the extra info. There was a fix for some kanji answers, unfortunately the new version doesn’t fix the problem in all cases, your example of 来てよかった is one of them.

The bad news is that fixing this is going to be challenging, and I haven’t really had time to look into it recently. But I have some ideas and I’ve also reached out to Bunpro asking for assistance. I will post here with any updates either way

1 Like

Update: I heard back from Bunpro already and they agreed to make a change to the site code to make the LS plugin more robust. No timeline on when this will happen (I will need to update the plugin after) but if all goes well it should solve many/all problems with failing to capture the answers

I will post back here when the fix is implemented and available for download

2 Likes

Thanks to the Bunpro developer(s) the new version of the plugin is a vast improvement, in my limited testing. Answers with kanji, particles, conjugated verbs, and more are all working for me. Here is the new code: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/okonomichiyaki/plugins/bunpro_v0.0.3/dist/Bunpro.0-0-3.0.ls

Please let me know if anyone finds any issues with it

2 Likes

Amazing :raised_hands:

1 Like

I have used it for about an hour so far. no problems. Thank you very much. This is really awesome. What a great app to have voice input. some of the conjugations are crazy long and this such a more natural way of doing it.

2 Likes

Here are updated plugins for use with the latest v4 LipSurf:

Bunpro
Kitsun
KaniWani

Please let me know if anyone runs into issues using them.

2 Likes

I installed your bunpro v4 plugin, but I’m not positive I did it correctly so I’ll start there. When I click the link there I just see a wall of text, not a download like I’ve seen before. So I just copied the whole thing into Notepad++ and saved as an ls file, and loaded into lipsurf options. It looks like it worked, it says Bunpro v0.0.4 in my list of plugins, but still wondering if I did it right.

If that was done right, I am still having issues with it inputting answers. It feels like half the time it works fine, but other times it shows what I said in the transcript and highlights it green (which means it knows that’s the correct answer, right?), but it doesn’t input. Also, sometimes but not every time, it also puts up a message that I need Lipsurf Premium. I have Plus, but I don’t think that should matter. Here’s an example.

2 Likes

Also, sometimes but not every time, it also puts up a message that I need Lipsurf Premium. I have Plus, but I don’t think that should matter. Here’s an example.

This part sounds like an issue that we will fix soon, having to do with dictation mode being on erroneously. Sometimes it’s not on when it should be and sometimes it’s on when it shouldn’t be. A temporary workaround - turning it off and on usually fixes both of these issues.

2 Likes

I think your approach should work, but it might be easier to right-click the links, and use “save link as”, which should allow you to download the LS file.

Thanks for the report, there was indeed a bug submitting certain answers after matching, but I believe it should be fixed with this new version: Bunpro v0.0.5. This also includes an option to automatically show the answer after you say ”だめ” to mark a card wrong.

Please don’t hesitate to let me know if you see any other problems

2 Likes

Wow, thanks a ton. I did a review of 30-something questions and it understood and entered it every time with none of the issues I was having. ありがとう

2 Likes

Have there been any updates to this recently?

thanks for the great plugin

Hi Adam, what sort of updates are you looking for? Is the plugin no longer working for you?