UPDATE 6/3/21 20:00 CT - Beta now available w/ various fixes
After many months of intense development, we’re excited to announce the
alpha beta for the new major release v4.0.0 is now ready for testing!
Version 4 is a foundational change that paves the future for a much more powerful, and customizeable voice control platform, and also comes with long-requested features.
If you want to get an early look and give feedback before the permanent release, this is your chance! But beware, it has bugs and is not intended for use outside of testing - don’t rely on it for anything important and don’t intend on saving any customizations you make to it (eg. custom shortcuts/corrections).
You will have to uninstall the
alpha beta version later to keep LipSurf up-to-date with the mainline version.
Cool new features
- Automatic dictation - just start speaking if any textbox is selected
- Advanced custom shortcuts
- Custom shortcut manager
- Replacements are underlined and can be modified via the live transcript
*… much more
Known Issues (will be fixed before v4 mainline release)
- Needs new tutorial
- Import/export custom shortcuts not working
- Custom shortcuts are not yet editable
- Disabling homophones not working
- Doesn’t work on Google Docs, Medium, WhatsApp, or FB chat yet
How to Install
- Download: https://cdn.lipsurf.com/lipsurf_4-0-0_beta.zip
- Follow these instructions: https://help.lipsurf.com/update-lipsurf.html#install-a-beta-custom-or-enterprise-version