Browser reopen closed tab/window command?

Is there any possibility of inclusion of a reopen closed tab / window command? I find myself using the browser control commands quite a bit more than I anticipated because they are ridiculously convenient. I has a medical condition that results in frequent hand spasms so I am frequently accidentally closing tabs and windows. This is something I think would be pretty easy to code as a plug-in, but I mention it because I’m a little surprised that it’s not included as one of the default browser commands.

Not really a fix via LipSurf but I have accomplished this with a separate program called Voice Attack. Hopefully it’s okay to mention as it’s not really a competitor of LS, it’s mostly for gaming, but I have found it to compliment LS quite nicely. I have Ctrl-Shift-T attached to “undo close tab” along with some other browser shortcuts like opening developer tools, and also use it with a cheap head mouse to do mouse clicks. My recommendation is to make a profile called “LipSurf” that will activate and deactivate with the LS wake/sleep word

It’s a paid app but it’s pretty cheap. I’m not affiliated in any way just a happy user :blush: and figure it would be of interest to LS users too. Unfortunately it’s Windows only

You can do this with the “press *” command. Best to setup a custom shortcut for it:

Press Key Combination
Simulate pressing keyboard keys. Keys should separated by the “+” symbol (e.g. “press ctrl+p” or “press alt+shift+tab”). Examples of special keys: left arrow, enter, tab, home, end, page down, ctrl, alt, shift, f1, backspace, delete.

I am having the same problem and the documentation is not explicit enough to explain exactly what to do. I have tried a variety of options (with and wthout ‘press’) and none of them work

I want to create a custom shortcut for the ‘window+1’ key combination. How exactly do I do that? Do I create a custom shortcut? If so, what exactly could I enter as the match phrase and what exactly do I enter as the output?

1 Like

Hi Stephen,

The windows keys would be written as “cmd”. Yes, the best way would be through a custom shortcut. For example, you could do:

“something” => “press cmd+1”

That said, many key combinations that execute browser-level functionality don’t work with Chrome 98+. This is due to a change Chrome has made. We are speaking to the Chrome team about it. The best case scenario is they restore it in a subsequent version of Chrome. The worst case scenario is we have a companion desktop-app for LipSurf to work around such Chrome Extension restrictions.

What OS are you on (so we know what desktop companion app you will need)?

Thanks very much

I have tried ‘press cmd+1’ and it fails, transiently opening a screen area that says it is starting debugging.

I am familiar with the concept of a companion app. That would be fine. I use Windows 10.

1 Like