Custom Wake Word and Short Cut, and Speech Command

Hi, Great tool!

I would like a custom wake word like “Hey Jen”

This way I can make a Shift Command J, that doesn’t cross over with anything I would use in another program.

Essentially the wake word would be nice to match the letter shortcut.

• Also, I would like the ability to have a toggle function that this wakeup can automatically go to dictation mode only so I don’t have to say it.

• Lastly, I would like a command/function for all text highlighted, and speech read back to me for the screen/box open. I have a mac and I like to hear my text for proofreading. A verbal command like “Proof” would be an easy word/way to execute starting from a cursor (which the mac doesn’t do). Maybe a double command like select all command A, Then Command Escape accomplishes this (FYI Command Escape enables the Speech command on the mac). Can you help program this/guide me to being able to do this?

Any other ideas on this? Any shortcuts people like? Thank you!

1 Like

Hi Tom! Thanks for the kind words!

There’s a lot of sophistication that goes into making the wake-words. One day they might be generalizable to make them anything you want, but that’s not possible right now.

We’re actually going to make dictation more automatic so less switching between modes is needed in a new version soon, but in the meantime you can use the Dictation Auto-On plugin: Dictation mode and page refresh - #5 by Miko

We have a plugin for this already too: 📖 New "Text-to-Speech" (Read Text Aloud) Plugin Available - #8 by Miko

If you wouldn’t mind, we’d greatly appreciate 10 seconds of your support by giving us a rating on the Chrome Webstore (please note LipSurf doesn’t work there for security reasons: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lipsurf-voice-control-for/lnnmjmalakahagblkkcnjkoaihlfglon)