Dictate Mode Not Working in Sheets

I can move around in sheets but I can’t get dictate to work. It works fine in docs.

Welcome DDogCap,

There is a bug in Chrome that requires a couple manual steps to get all the functionality there. Please go to “chrome://apps” in your address bar and remove all of following that you see there: Google Drive, Google Docs, and Google Sheets. After that it will work.

Your browsing won’t be affected. Chrome Apps are officially deprecated as of a year ago and interfere with extensions.

Sheets dictation is not working for me either. chrome://apps does not list those items. What else might I try? I need to fill in date, move to a new tab, type a number, new tab etc all across the sheet. Sometimes when I say dictate it tells me I need to upgrade, other times it just does nothing. I’ve logged out and back in.

Hi @eiEI0, what do you have listed in chrome://apps? You may need to remove Gmail as well if it’s there. I’ve just tried it with the latest version of LipSurf and it’s working fine for me.

Hmm, this could have been caused by a bug that exists currently if Chrome opens before you’re connected to the internet. Can you just restart Chrome? If you still get the message, can you show me a screenshot of the “subscription” setting in the LipSurf options?

BTW, you don’t need to say dictate since v4. Just make sure the cell is selected and the cursor is blinking in the cell.

P.S. You may want to take this extra step if the “debugging” bar annoys you: Hiding the "LipSurf started debugging this browser" Message | LipSurf User Manual