Gmail Scrolling

I just started using lip surf and I don’t seem to be able to find a way to use it with Gmail. I have Google Suites and any attempt to get the email to scroll down fails and I don’t get a response. Am I doing something wrong? Or is this an issue with the software currently?

1 Like

Jen,

Thanks for reporting this! Somehow it was overlooked. I will get it fixed right away.

When you say you don’t “get a response” you still see the live transcription as your speaking up top, correct? It just doesn’t actually scroll down. That’s what I’m seeing at least.

Yep, that’s what I’m seeing, too.

1 Like

Looking into it more deeply, gmail has a lot of interesting things going on that are going to need special handling. Scrolling down the messages there is not the same as scrolling down on a page, because the messages are actually just one element of many that are considered “scrollable” there.

I’m going to make a plugin specifically for handling gmail functionality. I’ll start with scrolling, but of course add more interesting functionality afterwards. It won’t take long, aiming for early next week. I’ll keep you updated!

Jen I have fixed this in v1.13.0. To manually upgrade go to chrome://extensions enable developer mode and then click “manual update”.

Please don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any other issues.