Need help adding a language plugin

I would like to add a Spanish dictionary to my LipSurf but have no experience coding and don’t understand the instructions on how to add a plugin. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Welcome AJ! Adding a language entails translating existing plugins. You don’t need to create a new one. Which functionality is most important to you? Is it things like opening tabs, scrolling, or is it dictation?

The translation files are very simple, but I understand it can be daunting if you’re not comfortable with writing code. This is an example of a translation file (for the TopSites plugin, in Russian) https://github.com/LipSurf/plugins/blob/master/src/TopSites/TopSites.ru.ts

Are you a native Spanish speaker? If you want, I can give you a list of the commands that need to be translated and if you translate them I’ll make the relevant adjustments to the plugins so Spanish will work. How about that?

Hi Miko,

Spanish is a second language of mine. I need to dictate a lot in Spanish for my work. Would that be a translation file?

1 Like

@AJ_Poen,

Let’s just get the base commands and dictation working in that case. This will be enough to have basic Spanish support in the next version. I’ve started this thread - if you could help with some of the translations that would be great!