Reddit plugin redirects to old.reddit.com

Hey, I’ve been meaning to post something about this for a while. The Lip Surf Reddit plug-in by default redirects to the old Reddit site regardless of your Reddit preferences. Is this something that can be easily fixed? I know when Reddit first unveiled the revamp, they didn’t allow people to pick which version of the site they wanted to see, but they do now - can this automatic redirect be removed?

1 Like

It redirects to the old reddit because that’s the only place the plugin works - the plugin was made just before the redesign. Is there any reason you prefer the redesigned reddit? Most people who know about the old design prefer it (in my experience) because it’s less ad-focused.

The plugin would simply need to be updated to support the redesign.

… the concise and profanity-redacted version of the preference for the redesign is: It looks and behaves like it was coded in 1998 and hasn’t had its design or function upgraded since. Seriously, you don’t want the longer version unless you want the accompanying rant. -_-

Is this dificult to update? Just curious :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @Aelin_Lovelace as of v4.8 we support the new Reddit as well as the old. Thanks for your patience :blush: