Text input does not work in google docs

I am attempting to use the text input in Google Docs and it simply does not work, I am trying to move down align or move but none of these commands work. Is this not intended to work with Google Docs?

1 Like

Those new commands don’t work yet in Google Docs, unfortunately. Looking into it, it wont be impossible. We’ll put it on the roadmap!

1 Like

Yes, cursor movement commands do not seem to work. This makes it difficult to edit an existing document. This is a shame because it seems the text input is working really well.

Is there a timeline on this? Or, do you know of another Chrome based word processor that does proper text editing?

The actual dictation itself is great, especially compared to the native apple dictation, but I am finding that if I pause in the middle of a sentence in Google docs then it does not insert spaces between words. I am also unable to select any text that is already written and many other editing commands also fail.

1 Like

The automatic spacing will be fixed soon. Other editing commands such as “select *” command will need more time, it’s more involved to get that working in Google Docs. In the meantime, you can use something like: https://anotepad.com/ to get the full editing experience.

Short version: it seems the spacing problem persists in Google Docs. Most importantly the command ‘space’ does not seem to work in Google Docs.

More information:I am pleased (and a amazed) how accurate are the LipSurf dictation is in Google Docs. It seems distinctly better than the voice typing offered by Google Docs itself I realize that Google Docs is a special challenge for LipSurf and I will be grateful for incremental improvements in this functionality.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words! We’ve confirmed this issue re-appearing and will have it fixed shortly.

1 Like

The automatic spacing and capitalization in Google Docs is fixed in v4.11.1