Wake word options?

I was originally going to post a request for the ability to have customized wake words, but I saw a previous thread where it was mentioned that this would be incredibly difficult and currently not possible. In that case, is there any possibility of allowing for a few selectable options?

I’m not sure if this is a problem anybody else experiences, but the current wake word I find is activated unintentionally quite often by my Spotify or YouTube or Netflix, frequently enough to be so frustrating that I have to disable the feature entirely.

Would it be possible to include options for wake word that include longer and less mistakable command strings such as “Activate voice recognition”? Hell, “activate LipSurf” might be triggered less often then “Hey Lipsurf.”

I don’t know exactly how this all works, or if this is something better handled by a plug-in, but it’s something that would be greatly helpful to me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Aelin_Lovelace,

I’ve had it happen, but I just lower the sensitivity until it’s just right for my setup. Did you try lowering the wake-word sensitivity? We license the wake-word from another company, perhaps they will let us play with other variations. I will keep you updated!

I feel like a bit of a derp. I didn’t realize that the sensitivity was specific to the wake word and thought it was a general setting… And as such I had it turned all the way up. Um. Oops? I will mess around with those settings and see if that solves the problem! :slight_smile: