Wanikani: "Session has timed out. Refresh?"

This keeps on happening after like 10-15 minutes when reviewing through Lipsurf. Is there a fix for this?

It is pretty annoying because I always do WK while washing the dishes. So I need to dry my hands, grab my laptop, etc. 3 or 4 times. When the review list is long it is worse, as it keeps on setting me back on the half-finished reviews.

Thanks!
(Sorry if this has been asked before, I used the search function but found nothing)

I have only see this happen when there is a long period of inactivity, it’s a mechanism built into WaniKani and doesn’t have to do with LipSurf. You said “when reviewing through LipSurf” so when it happens, have you not gotten a question right/wrong for some time?

I haven’t tested it, but this userscript/tampermonkey script might solve this for you:

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/10923-wanikani-script-to-disable-timeout

1 Like

@lipsurfer let me know if it works for you and I’ll mark this as resolved in case others look for this in the future :slight_smile:

Well, the issue happened while reviewing, so there was a maximum of 10 seconds between answers. It has happened in the past too,

Today I am not experiencing the issue. When it happens again I will try the user script you suggested and update if the post is still open.
(today I had to type some answers too, I hypothesise that might have reset WaniKani activity timer)

Thank you so much for the support and for this great app btw.

This isn’t an issue with LipSurf if you’re getting it intermittently like that. Hope the script works for you!

It definitely only happens when I am only using my voice, not typing or using the mouse at all.

Since installing the script you linked the issue has been resolved. Thank you.

This exact same thing happens to me too. I have been using Lipsurf for two weeks (it’s a lifesaver!) but the session timeout happens sometime around the 15 minutes mark when using voice only, even if I am moving through reviews quickly without pausing. Mine is a consistent issue, happens almost anytime I have a review pile in the 50+ range.

I will install the script, but wanted to mention this problem is not isolated to one user.

1 Like